Huntsville is now the largest city in the state, according to the latest census data. With that growth comes new investments in the City’s second district.
The 2021 Huntsville Development Review is now live. See last year’s data specific to District 2 below.
- Continued expansion at Cove Universal Playground
- Smart growth in Big Cove, Brownsboro, Hampton Cove, and Owens Cross Roads
- Edmonton Heights added to list of National Register for Historic Places
- Burritt on the Mountain upgrades
- And much more!
- 1,335 housing units were issued building permits in 2021, a 201% increase from 2020.
- Housing stock in D2 has increased by 5.4 percent since the 2020 Census.
- In 2021, residential construction was concentrated in two main areas: the Cove area and around Chapman Mountain.
- 392 permits for residential additions and alterations were permitted in D2, an increase of 53.7% from 2020.
- The neighborhoods with the most additions and alterations in D2 were Monte Sano and Chapman.
- There are nine apartment complexes, with a total of 2,351 units, under construction or proposed in D2.
- 1,159 single-family homes were sold in D2 last year, a decrease of 10.7% from 2020.
- The average sales price for a single-family home increased by 16.6% between 2020-2021, to $441,053.
- 61 nonresidential permits were issued in D2 last year, a 45.2% increase over 2020.